Friday, September 09, 2005

A little story

I know it's been a long time since I wrote....big things going on, but I can't really say anything yet. I'll have to hold you in suspense for a little while longer.

Meantime though, here's a little story I heard last night. I was flipping the TV channels, and ended up listening to Mark Lowry, I guess he's a Christian comedian/singer. He was pretty funny, so I watched for a while, and here's a story I really liked.

He was living somewhere in Texas, and going through his first tornado. He was really scared, but he peeked out the window, and in a way it was kind of beautiful, the rain and the lightning and all. Even so, he closed up the curtain and huddled in a corner, certain he was going to die.

Of course, he didn't, or he wouldn't be telling this story. The next morning, all the regulars at the coffee shop were talking about the tornado, and he said "If I'd known I was going to live through it, I sure would have enjoyed it a lot more."

So, live your life that way. Smile, slow down, laugh a lot. You're going to live through it, so enjoy every moment.

Cat

No comments: