Friday, September 18, 2026

Hi Again!

 Well, now it's really been a long time since I attended to this blog! 

In 2019, I was just getting started in silversmithing and I was complaining about the cost of silver rising to $16.95 per ounce. LOL!!! What I would give for that price now! The price of silver at this date is hovering between $60 and $70 per ounce. That is the spot price for raw silver out of the ground. When I buy silver sheet and wire, there is a fabrication charge added, which adds about $20-$25 per ounce, so I'm paying close to $100/ounce when I buy silver to work with. Ouch! It really hurts when I make a mistake and have to scrap a project. I practically cry over the wasted silver. 😣 I've been finding ways to melt some of it and use it for other projects though, so that helps a bit.

I want to resurrect this blog and use it to tell you some interesting things about silver, jewelry, and my work. I hope that you will find it entertaining. Let me know in the comments if there is a topic that you would like me to write about.

That's it for now, short post today and I'll work on something more over the weekend. Talk to you soon!

Cat

www.ckmetaldesigns.com

No comments: