Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I hate my job

I hate my job. I really, really hate it. If I don't find a new job soon, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I can go on LTD (long term disability).

Anyway, I do have kind of a funny story from today. I was assisting in surgery (which I'm just learning, and don't do very well) and my mean boss was training me. One of the things I have to do is cut the suture after Dr. D ties it. So, the boss is telling me that I'm not cutting them right, and I have to push the scissors all the way down into the flesh. I said I was afraid I'd cut the knot off. She says "You won't cut the knot off.", in a know-it-all voice, like it never happens. So, the very next suture I pushed way down and cut. The whole thing falls apart, and Dr. D says "You cut the knot."

You can't take an office girl and put her in the operating room. It just doesn't work.

Cat

No comments: