Wednesday, November 03, 2010

One eye down, one to go

I had the cataract surgery on my left eye this morning. I was so nervous, but they gave me some stuff to help me relax, and the surgery went really quick and easy. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Now I have a patch over my left eye, They told me I can take it off at 2:30. I'm typing using my other eye and a pair of drugstore reading glasses so that I can see the computer. They said when I take the patch off I'll be able to see, but it will be blurry, and then get clearer and clearer over the days.

I wonder if it will hurt when the anesthetic wears off the left eye? I forgot to ask them that. I have three different eye drops that I have to start using on varying schedules.

I go back for a checkup tomorrow. Still have to decide if I want to do the right eye to see distance vision like I did the left, or do it for near vision so that I can see both close and near at the same time. I have always worn my contacts "mono", one for near and one for far, but I am leaning towards just getting both eyes surgically corrected for distance and then wearing glasses for close-up (reading, computer, beadwork). It seems like that would give me the least problems going forward. I wouldn't have to explain to every eye doctor I see for the rest of my life about the mono-vision, whenever I need glasses. Also the beadwork is so detailed, I think I would rather have both eyes the same.

I'll let you know how it all continues to work out.

Cat

1 comment:

Judy said...

So far so good...Cataract surgery has become pretty routine...wishing you the same success with the second eye...