Wednesday, January 09, 2013

New Year, New Work

I finally have a new work to show off!  It's been a little while that I haven't really kept up with my beading, but I think this piece shows that I have jumped back in with a big bang!

I bought the tutorial for this beaded dragon from Fantasia Beads.  It has 4 sizes of beads and 2 different stitches plus crystals for embellishment.  I found it just a little bit confusing, only because of the way the beads are oriented in the photos, but once I got used to that and after a couple of times reading it through I was fine.  I would even make another one, lol.

I used blue-green iris beads for this one, but I would love to see what he looks like in gold or silver.  Or maybe using one color for the body and a different color for the scales.

Anyway, take a look.  I love him!




I had made him to sell, but now I don't know if I can part with him.  I may have to bead a second dragon just so that I have one to sell.  But first I think I'll take a break by making a few simpler pieces.

Cat

3 comments:

H.T. said...

Hi,Cat:-)
Happy New Beading Year to You! :-)
I've always wanted to make that dragon-for the last year-after all-it was the 'Year of Dragon',but I haven't made it so far.It seems to be difficult,but the effect is fantastic.Do not sell it-sell the next one-the first one should be left at home:-)
I'd also like to make something simple.Maybe the series of earrings...? I haven't made so many of them so far.
Warm Greets-Halinka-

ps.I've never heard of this gas-Radon before.I've never thought of it to be so dangerous.In Poland,where I come from-not existing problem-in Denmark,where my husband comes from,only the 4% of houses can have it.
In Sweden,where we live now-it is very common.
ehhh...we'd better move out from here as soon as possible.
-Hugs-

Unknown said...

He's soooo beautiful! You have to keep him :o)
Looking forward to seeing him in other colours too
Gemxxx

Clair said...

Oh my. This is beautiful. I've added myself as a follower now, so that I can pop back x