Saturday, March 15, 2014

Making Graphics - Made Easy!

I was just about to pay someone to make me an Etsy banner, because I couldn't figure out how to do it in Photoshop, even though I bought a book with instructions. I'll still use the book to teach me how to edit my photos, but I found a much better way to make a banner!

I can't remember how I found this website, canva.com, but it makes it easy-peasy to make banners, advertisements, business cards, etc.  One thing that I really like is that everything is done online, there is nothing to download! Except your finished graphic, of course. In the graphics that you make, you can use your own pictures that you upload from your computer, or you can use pictures from Canva's library. They have some pictures that are free to use, and some that cost one dollar.

I've really been having a lot of fun playing on their website over the past few days. They have lots of layouts for you to get started with. You can choose a preset size for your graphic, or you can use your own custom dimensions. Just as a practice, I made this little "postcard" to show off my new bead room:


For this graphic, I used a preset layout from Canva and added my own photos and captions to it.All of the tools are very intuitive, I figured them out in no time. And moving pictures around is as easy as drag and drop.

Oh, yeah, by the way...like my new bead room? I'll do more bragging about that another day. (no, those are not monsters on my wall. That is our family as drawn by my grand-daughter when she was 4 years old.)

You should check out Canva and see what it can do for you. Also, read their blog to find out the many different things that you can do with their interface and for tutorials on how to use the site.

No comments: