Friday, June 12, 2009

Well, it finally happened.

I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I thought it would be next month, but no. I was laid off from my job this week. At least they're calling it a Reduction In Force, so I can collect unemployment.

I hated the job anyway, so I'm not sure why I'm so upset. Maybe the prospect of very little money (Florida unemployment is only around $200 per week) and a big Cobra bill. At least this should get my butt more in gear about looking for another job.

I said it should, not it did, haha. Mostly I've just laid around in bed. Until my therapist and my pshch doc got together and decided they wanted to Baker Act me. I told them I'd get up and do something. So, not to be made a liar, I got up and went and bought a gallon of ice cream. MMMM, that was good. (no, I did NOT eat it all in one sitting) And I've become a big fan of Judge Judy.

As soon as I get motivated, I'll go to an employment agency. I just hate job interviews. I wish there was another way, but wishing won't make it so, will it?

On the positive side, I've gotten a lot of beading done. I'm trying to get a new assortment for my mom's friends. Last time I gave her a bunch of stuff, she sold almost $100 worth for me. My prices are way too low, but I'd rather sell it quickly than have it sit around until I can get what it's worth. So what if I'm only making $2 an hour for my time? ;)) At least I enjoy doing it.

So, that's my news. What's up with you?

Cat

No comments: