Monday, December 07, 2009

My visit to Seattle

It's been a long time since I wrote. I've got to start updating this blog more often!

I just got back from Seattle. I went out there to spend Thanksgiving and my birthday with Lori and John (my sister and her boyfriend) and Ava. Ava has gotten sooooo big! Her current passion is jump-roping. She would do it all day long from the time she woke up until bedtime if she were able to.

I helped her make a few beaded bracelets and necklaces. That was fun. We always enjoy beading together.

I brought her Christmas present there with me but told her she can't open it until Christmas, so she spent a lot of time shaking it and trying to figure out what it is. She told me, "I'll figure it out. I'm a good snooper." Hahahahahaha! She hasn't figured it out yet.

Ava, John and I went Geo-caching one day. That was fun, and it renewed my commitment to take up Geo-caching again at home.

It was cold out there, but it was refreshing compared to the Florida heat. Lori lives right off of Broadway, so I walked down there a few times and just window shopped in the stores. I think I could get used to living there very easily.

Lori gave me a really good book to read on the plane. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. She has a great writing style, and now I'd like to buy her other books.

Take care!

Cat

No comments: