Friday, October 25, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Haven't written in a while. Mostly my life has been all beads and (new)grandbabies, which is a good thing.

The good: I'm in Seattle right now, visiting with my oldest grand-daughter.

The bad: I'm in Seattle. I love this town for many reasons, but the weather isn't one of them. It is cold and rainy. We have had one nice day during the week I've been here, so there is that.

The ugly: eeeeek!!!! Raccoons attacked our trash last night, and now it is strewn all over the deck. Raccoons=cute; the mess they create=ugly.

Ava is in school during the week, so I've had the daytime to "do my own thing". I've gotten lots of beading done (what? you think I travel without my beads?) and explored more of downtown Seattle. Found a great place for lunch! Tiny deli, so small I think you couldn't fit more than 10 people in there, and they had a line out the door for lunch. They were fast though, so it took only a few minutes to get to the front of the line and order the same thing everyone else was ordering - teriyaki chicken with pot stickers and rice, regular or spicy. One of the best meals I've ever had here in Seattle!

We were driving home one evening when we saw a thick fog rolling in over Puget Sound. We stopped and took a ton of pictures. I'll see if any of them look any good when I get home. I'm sure none of them will capture the feeling of being there. About 15 other cars were stopped there taking pictures also.

I have a friend here, and I left her a message asking if we can get together for lunch, but she hasn't called back. Maybe she (like my daughter) doesn't check her voice mails? I'll have to send her a message, I really want to see her.

We have a big week planned - three Halloween parties coming up!

Cat

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I moved to Western WA FOR the weather!!!! And I miss it so much. I loved the cold, wet, dark winters. I hope you are having a great time exploring. Did you do the Underground Tour? I'm really more partial to Tacoma. If you have time, do visit the Bridge of Glass. It's worth the trip!

Cat said...

All the times I've been here, and I've never done the Underground Tour. One of these days, I am going to do that.

The Bridge of Glass sounds interesting, I'll mark it for another visit. This one is just to spend time with Ava.