Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Me? Recycle?

Factoid: Recycling an aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.

Now, there's a jarring thought. I've probably thrown away thousands of hours of energy, and not into the recycling bin.

Recycling just always seemed like so much trouble, another chore, a pain. It's enough that I pick up other people's litter and put it in the trash.

Though when you put recycling in that perspective, well, it sounds different.

It's not that hard, I guess, to keep the little yellow and blue baskets next to the garbage. Added bonus----> I won't have to carry the garbage out as often as I do now because it won't fill up so fast.

But I'm still not recycling the other people's litter....that stuff still just goes in the nearest trash.

Cat

No comments: