Yay! I have an idea! An idea for a project, that is. Actually I thought of it a couple of weeks ago. But then when I tried to convert it from brain to beads, it didn't work, and I just got frustrated and ripped it all apart, and that was the end of that. So, with all my complaining over the past few days, I realized that the reason I haven't "designed" anything is because I was too impatient with myself.
I guess I expected to get an idea and then just bead it up exactly on the first try. It's looking like I might have to make ten or twenty or even more tries before I get this thing to look anything like what I'm envisioning in my head. So, now that I'm accepting of that, I'm just glad that I have a lot of cheap thread on hand to practice with. ;-)) And each time that I bead it up and take it apart, I'm learning a little bit more about what will and what won't work.
Now, instead of feeling like a failure each time it doesn't look like what I want and giving up, I just try again using the methods that worked and discarding the ones that didn't. And I remember not to use my good thread.
One of these days, I may even have a final product to show you.