Friday, June 01, 2012

National Doughnut Day

Today is National Doughnut Day here in the USA.  I never even knew that there was such a thing as National Doughnut Day, let alone that there is a 75 year history behind it.  You can read about the history here

I had the remains of a variety box of Entenmann's doughnuts in my kitchen, so I ate a chocolate-covered doughnut in celebration of the holiday.  Then I ate a cake doughnut, since it was such a special day.  ;)

Then there was only one doughnut left in the box.  A glazed doughnut.  And it looked so lonely.  So, of course I had to eat it.

I mean, it's only proper that I should celebrate such a special day as National Doughnut Day by eating more than my share of doughnuts, right? (sorry no pics, I was too busy eating, heehee)

Cat

No comments: