Saturday, August 13, 2005

Good News / Bad News

So much has been going on that you'd think it would be easy to write a blog entry, but instead it's just the opposite. I don't know where to start.

We'll get the bad news over with first.

My insurance company has accepted liability for the car accident (Tara is on my policy). However, Tara's coverage limit is only $10K/$20K for bodily injury/property damage, so the other driver had his lawyer send us a letter, he is sueing us. Not that we have much for him to take, anyway. Luckily, one of my benefits at work is a legal plan, so you know who I will be calling first thing Monday morning.

Got a letter in the mail today. My medical insurance carrier has decided that two prescriptions I take daily are too expensive, so they won't cover them anymore. (they are already the generic version). I guess I'll let my doctor fight that battle.

Received another letter today also. My condo association is making a certain type of hurricane insurance on interior walls & fixtures mandatory for us to buy. So there goes another $800.

I've decided to just not check the mail anymore. It's only bills, junk, and all those crummy letters anyway. Sound like a good plan? ;-)

Now that's out of the way... On to the good stuff!!

I bought Stacy a card with a little poem about character on it, and wrote a note about how proud I am of her for how hard she is working on her recuperation, and how mature and understanding she's been with Tara. I caught her with a few tears in her eye as she read it. She's doing well enough that she wants me to take her over to the firehouse, so she can thank the cute paramedic who held her hand in the ambulance. I hope he's as cute as she remembers and she's not disappointed. He was the first thing she saw when she woke up after being unconscious, and I'd imagine anybody would look good at that point. ;-)

One month from today I'll be in Buenavista! With my sister! Woohoo! Double woohoo!

I can't believe Ava is going to be a year old on Tuesday. I hope I finish the scrapbook I'm making for her (well, I guess it's really for Tara) before then. She's starting to talk a lot. It seems she learns a new word every day, but she still can't say Lita. :( She calls me "Ta". We've been teaching her to color, and even though we let her walk around with crayons, she only draws in her coloring book. She is such a good girl! And a strong girl! She was moving around our patio chairs today.

We've been babysitting our friends' dog, the cutest little Lhasa Apso puppy. Like we have the time or the room here for a dog, but the good part of it is that Tara has stopped asking me if she can have a dog, and she even said the other day, "I'll tell you one thing. Ava is never getting a dog!" This was just after she had cleaned up the puppie's 4th mess of the day, haha. No matter how cute and fun they are, they are still a lot of work.

This is kind of a little wierd thing. As I was falling asleep last night, I was having a little conversation with myself...in spanish! So maybe my practicing is paying off, and I'm starting to think in spanish. And, no, I do not normally talk to myself! It was one of those half in/half out of sleep things, almost like dreaming.

No comments: