Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ava'a Bead Projects

Well, as promised, here are some pics.  For Ava being only seven years old, she is really a good little beader!  She has so much patience, making sure her needle goes into the right bead, backtracking if she makes a mistake, and not giving up until she completes a project.

Last time I was there, I taught her peyote stitch and she picked it right up.  I was a little surprised, because she only has a set of "hobby" beads that someone bought for her, and as you know, they are very uneven in size.  But she picked up the idea of culling right away, and used the beads that were most identical in size.

This time I thought it would be fun if we made a daisy chain.  She caught right on to it after a few mishaps, and here is her first chain.  I think she did a great job!

She also made a air of earrings all by herself to surprise me.  I'm not sure if the different color drop beads are supposed to be a fashion statement, or if she just didn't have two matching beads in her stash.  I'm just proud to have them, and yes, I will wear them as soon as I put some earring findings on them.


I only wish she lived closer so that we could bead together more often.  She loves it, and seems to have a natural talent for it.  I am sending her some size 10 beading needles so that she will be able to thread them without help.  She had a bit of trouble with the 13's that I brought with me. 

Well, that's it for today.  I am working on a chainmaille project that I hope to be able to show you soon.  It is so cute!  I can't wait to finish it.

Cat

No comments: