Friday, March 08, 2013

Bead Shopping

Tara needed some beading wire, so we decided to take a little trip to the bead store to get her some.  It's always a fun adventure.

Oopsie, I may have gotten a little too adventurous and bought a few things for myself.  Oh, well, I didn't need to eat this week anyway.  :)  Here is a picture of all the loot.  I replenished my stash of 3mm Swarovski bicone crystals, got some seed beads in colors that I don't have, picked up a beautiful dichroic cab to bezel, and there are some tilas (with 4mm crystals to match), twins, tiny drops, and jump rings too.


This is a close-up of the small rectangular glass beads in the center.  I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet, but they were much too pretty to pass up!


Then I just fell in love with this piece of chain.  I'm a sucker for anything shiny, and sterling silver is one of my favorite things.


I told Tara not to even let me go near a bead store again until I've made a few projects with these beads.  I'd better get beading!  I just bought some bracelet patterns from Shelley Nybakke at Sturdy Girl Designs, and they use lots of crystals, so I'm ready.  I'm going to start off with the quick little tennis bracelet so you should be seeing some pictures of completed work soon.

Cat

No comments: