Thursday, March 28, 2013

Three Cheers For Grocery Rewards

In this economy, every little bit we can do to save money helps. And we do it by putting my boyfriend in charge of the grocery shopping.

He is the greatest grocery shopper ever. He organizes all his coupons, watches for specials, and manages to make the most of Winn-Dixie's rewards card program. I don't know how he does it, I've never been good at that sort of thing.

Look at this receipt for our last gas purchase! We paid just over two dollars for twenty gallons of gas. Yes, you are looking at that receipt correctly, eleven cents per gallon.And he manages to grocery shop in a way that makes this a normal fuel purchase. Granted, I don't drive my car much so we only have to buy gas about every three weeks or so. That gives him more time to build up a good reward amount.


When it's my turn to shop, I certainly don't do this as well as he does. If I happen to have a coupon I use it, but I just don't have the talent or patience for organizing them and waiting to match them up to the specials. About the only time I take advantage of the extra "buy this item" gas bonus is when my favorite ice cream is on sale. Yum, ice cream!

What is your favorite money-stretching tip?

Cat

1 comment:

Matthew MacNish said...

Brand new follower here, stopping by as an A to Z co-host, so: nice to meet you, Cat!