I made these earrings last night from a pattern that I bought at Ella D's shop on Etsy. That site has lots of great patterns, and Ella's directions are easy to follow.
The pattern called for a 14mm pearl and 8/0 seed beads, but the biggest pearl I had was 8mm. So I changed the seed beads to 11/0, and boy am I glad I did! The earring looks perfect as it is, and I think it would have been way too huge with the larger beads.
Also, in the photo supplied with the tutorial, the tilas looked kind of 'floppy', so I ladder-stitched mine together. I think it looks better that way.
I'm going to make another pair with black beads. But I'll still have to use the gold tila beads because those are the only ones I have. It should look good in black and gold.