Thursday, August 11, 2011

You may be richer than you think

I know we're all having a tough time in this economy, but here's a little site you can use to put it all into perspective. You enter your annual income, and it tells you how rich you are in relation to everyone else on earth.


How rich are you? >>


I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 669,642,941 richest person on earth!


I may not be considered anything close to wealthy here in the United States, but I'm in the top 11.16% of the richest people in the world! I feel better already. Or maybe kind of sad that there are so many people who have to make do with so little.

Granted, after you find out how "rich" you are, there comes a plea to donate some of your hard-earned money to worthy causes. Maybe some people will be moved to donate an hour's worth of their salary to their favorite charity. It's surely a better use for those funds than another Starbucks coffee, right?

Cat

No comments: