Monday, September 26, 2011

Wine Bottle Finished

I finally finished the little wine bottle.  Here it is.  It’s 1 3/4 inches tall.

Wine Bottle

I don’t like it though.  I might do it over.  The label is too high, it should be closer to the bottom of the bottle.  And for some reason, it looks more like a beer bottle than a wine bottle.  I can’t figure out why.  Maybe the neck is too short in comparison to the body?

OK, I just measured a wine bottle to see what the actual proportions are for neck to body.  The bottle is 11½ inches tall, and the neck starts at 6 inches.  So, I do need more neck and less body.  Alright, I’m going to try another one.  I guess it would have been a good idea to measure the actual wine bottle before I started.  Oh, well, live and learn.

And look at the bright side.  I know how to make a beer bottle!

If I can do a good job on this, I might be able to sell some.  My friend is a wine consultant, and she said all her colleagues go crazy over any kind of wine decoration.  So I could probably make a bunch of these as purse charms and sell them, if I can get it to look like what I envisioned.

Cat  Cat face

1 comment:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Cat, it was a great try for the first one, looking forward to seeing the next one. The purse charms sounds like a good idea.
Therese