Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wine Bottle Progress

I’ve been working on my small wine bottle little by little.  I had to take out the bottom, because I used a three-bead start, and the shape of the bottle turned into a triangle.  So I redid it with a five-bead start, and it turned out much more rounded.

Then it took me a little while to graph out the letters, since I had such a small space for the label, but I got it done.

Now, I need to narrow the bottle little by little to make the neck.  I’ve sewn it and picked it out about five times already.  It’s just coming out too angular for my taste.  I need to figure out a way to make the decreases more rounded.  On such a small object, it’s difficult, but I’ll find a way.

Here are a few pics of where I am so far.

Wine bottle 2

Wine bottle 3

Wine bottle


No comments: