Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tic Tac Toe

Hmmmm...all the title words in my last two blogs start with T. Wonder if that means anything?

HAHA, I read way too much into everything. But that's a topic for another day.

Anyway, I was in the bathroom at the local deli (seems I get all my blog ideas in the bathroom too. Wonder what THAT means?) and I saw a Tic-Tac-Toe game scratched into one of the tiles on the wall. So, I started thinking, is T-T-T really a fair game? I did every scenario I could think of in my head, and the conclusion is NO, it's not a fair game. The first person who goes will always win, no matter where the second person goes. This is provided that the first person knows how to play, of course. Tara didn't believe me, so we played about 20 games and I made a believer out of her. I think one game was a draw, but that was because I went in the square she told me to go in, instead of the one I wanted to.

So, if you're with a friend and need to while away some time, play dots. ;)

Cat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i think that story is great.

Anonymous said...

The player who goes first does have an advantage in winning at tic tac toe, but if both players play right it's always a tie.