Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is For RebelMouse

One of my online friends showed me a new site called RebelMouse. I haven't really learned how to use it to it's best advantage yet, but I like it so far.

 When you sign up, you link it to one, or all, of your social networking sites. It takes your content from those sites, pulls it all together, and lets you add tags. Once your content is on RebelMouse, you can leave it as it is, edit the headlines and/or the notes, or remove content you don't want. You can also add new content manually. You can have as many separate RebelMouse pages as you want. This is my first RebelMouse page.

I like that since it's so new, the owners are very accessible, and respond quickly to every email I send them. I also like the look of the page. I think it draws viewers in. What I'm not so pleased with is that it's difficult to get a feel for how to navigate around at first, but once you do, it's a lot of fun to play with.
It can be used as a blog, a gallery for your designs, or anything else you can think of. There are upgraded features for a fee, but I don't think I need those for now. Paid services can wait until I figure out how I can use RebelMouse to drive business. For right now, I'm just fooling around with it and seeing what it can do.

Do you like the look of it and the way it's set up? Do you think you would use it?

Cat




4 comments:

JoJo said...

That's a pretty cool site, but it reminds me too much of Pinterest. I don't think I would use it. I already am online too much as it is.

Cat said...

@JoJo - It does remind me of Pinterest. There's even a little button on my toolbar to post pictures with.

Paula said...

Love it! I will have to play around there. I, too, spend way too much time on the computer

orneryswife said...

I agree with JoJo in that it looks a lot like Pinterest. I don't think I would use it since my main social media is blogging. I have a FB account, but don't have many friends and rarely post there. It is interesting though, to have everything under one cover.
tm